With unemployment rates rising, more and more people are struggling with debt and looking for ways to save their homes. At Miller & Miller Law, LLC, our Kenosha County Chapter 13 attorneys are dedicated to helping southeast Wisconsin families find ways to pay down their debt.
With continued closings of manufacturing plants and layoffs, the unemployment rate in Kenosha is, unfortunately, on the rise. Suffering a sudden drop in income is forcing people to stretch their budgets to the maximum just to keep up with the necessities and high minimum payments on credit cards or other debts. Some may even be forced to miss a mortgage or car payment. You can regain control of your expenses and even catch up on missed payments through a Chapter 13. The attorneys at Miller & Miller Law, LLC, can discuss your situation with you one-on-one, help you explore your options, and determine what the right path may be for you.
Why File For Bankruptcy?
There are a number of ways to get debt relief. Our lawyers can help you decide if Chapter 13 is the right option for you. We help Wisconsin families considering Chapter 13 bankruptcy for a number of reasons, including:
- Failed means test: In order to qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you have to pass a means test. If you do not qualify, you can still file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Save your home and other assets: By coming up with a repayment plan, filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy will allow you to keep your car, home and other assets.
Guiding You Through The Bankruptcy Process
There are a number of things you have to do before you can file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. We will be there to guide you through the entire process:
- Credit counseling: New bankruptcy laws require that you must undergo a round of credit counseling before you can file any type of bankruptcy.
- Organize a repayment plan: Once you file for Chapter 13, we will work with your creditors to develop a three- to five-year payment plan you can afford.
- Discharge of your remaining unsecured debt: Once your payment plan is over, your remaining unsecured debt will be wiped clean.
Get Immediate Relief
The moment you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you will get an automatic stay, which will put an end to wage garnishment, repossession and utility turnoffs. Providing you with immediate relief, it will be a lot easier to work with your creditors to come up with a plan. It will also put an end to creditor harassment.
Contact Our Debt Reorganization Attorneys
As a bankruptcy law firm that has been protecting Wisconsin families for over a decade, we are ready to help you find solutions. We offer evening and weekend visits here at our Kenosha County offices, so c ontact our law firm online or call us at 414-326-9231 today to schedule a free initial consultation. Learn more about filing for bankruptcy in Kenosha.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.