With high unemployment rates across Wisconsin, a lot of people are looking for ways to save their homes and protect their families. At Miller & Miller Law, LLC, our Racine County Chapter 13 reorganization lawyers can help you decide if bankruptcy is right for you.
Unemployment rates in Racine are still hovering around 9 percent, and people are desperately seeking ways to save their homes and manage their debts. Chapter 13 offers you a way to keep your house and a plan to make more reasonable monthly payments to your unsecured creditors. Please contact us today so that we may discuss your individual situation and help you choose the best option to move forward toward a fresh start.
Whether you have lost your job, gone through a divorce or you are just struggling to keep up with your bills, Chapter 13 bankruptcy will allow you to reorganize your debt into payments you can actually afford. We help clients who want to pursue Chapter 13 bankruptcy for a variety of reasons, including:
- Failed means test: If you do not pass the Chapter 7 means test required by the new bankruptcy law, you can still get relief through Chapter 13.
- Save your home and other assets: By making an effort to pay back your creditors, you can keep your home, cars and other assets you have worked so hard for.
Discovering How The Reorganization Process Works
There are a lot of important steps in the Chapter 13 bankruptcy process and our attorneys will be there for you every step of the way:
- Credit counseling: You are required to take part in credit counseling before you can file for any type of bankruptcy in court.
- Organize a repayment plan: Once you file for Chapter 13, we will work with your creditors to create a three- to five-year payment plan you can afford.
- Discharge your remaining balance: Once you have successfully completed your payment plan, you remaining unsecured debt will be wiped clean.
Providing Immediate Relief
The moment you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you will receive an automatic stay. Your automatic stay will put an end to foreclosure, wage garnishment and creditor harassment. We will make sure you get relief, so you can start moving forward.
How To Contact Our Law Office
With over a decade of bankruptcy experience, our lawyers are ready to help you find the bankruptcy options that work best for you. From our offices in Kenosha and Milwaukee, we help Racine County families get the debt relief they deserve. Contact our firm online or call us at 414-326-9231 to schedule a free initial consultation and learn more.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.