If you are tired of dealing with creditors as you struggle to keep up with your mortgage payments and other bills, it is time to start looking for other solutions. At Miller & Miller Law, LLC, our Kenosha County Chapter 7 attorneys can help you decide if bankruptcy is right for you.
The closing of the Chrysler Engine Plant has caused great financial stress to many people in Kenosha County. With just unemployment as income, bills are mounting, and it is getting harder just to make ends meet. Clearly, it is more important to keep a roof over your head and your basic needs met, but the credit card companies do not take that into consideration when they hound you to make payments that you simply can no longer afford. Miller & Miller Law, LLC, understands the problems Kenosha County is facing, and we are here to help you find your way out from under your debts.
Providing A Fresh Start Through Chapter 7
With unemployment rates so high in today's economy, a lot of people are unable to keep up with bills that they used to be able to afford. When you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you may be able to wipe out a lot of your debt, including:
- Unsecured credit card debt
- Utility bills
- Back rent
- Medical bills
- Uninsured car accident judgments
- Amounts owed on repossessed or surrendered vehicles
There are some debts — such as student loans, tax debt and child support — that cannot be abolished in Chapter 7 bankruptcy, but we can help you come up with a plan for those debts as well.
90 Days To Debt Freedom
Also known as liquidation, Chapter 7 bankruptcy could have you debt-free within 90 days. We will be there to help you through the entire process:
- Means test: Not everyone can file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. In order to qualify, you must first pass a means test. If you make too much money, we can help you explore Chapter 13 and other bankruptcy alternatives.
- Credit counseling: You must undergo credit counseling before filing for any type of bankruptcy. We can refer you to approved, nonprofit counselors.
- Financial education: Providing people with helpful information about how to manage their financial affairs, financial education is another required step in the process.
Providing Immediate Debt Relief For Kenosha County Citizens
The moment you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will receive an automatic stay, which puts an end to wage garnishment, foreclosure and creditor harassment. This immediate relief will give you some breathing room as you wait for the Chapter 7 process to finish.
With over a decade of experience helping individuals and families in Kenosha County get the debt relief they deserve, our lawyers are ready to help you. Contact our Kenosha or Milwaukee offices online or call us at 414-326-9231 today to schedule a free initial consultation and find out if bankruptcy is right for you. Learn more about filing bankruptcy in Kenosha.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.