Everyone is overwhelmed with debts and responsibilities. If you are thinking of filing for bankruptcy, Miller & Miller Law wants to make it easier for you to know what to expect with your bankruptcy filing. Here are some way to help you with your bankruptcy filing process
1. Have your taxes filed and in proper order with the IRS. If you do not have the prior 2 years of tax papers you can obtain them by contacting the IRS or asking your tax preparer.
2. Organize all your credit card information and bills including any collection notices and if you have any pending lawsuits regarding that debt.
3. Have your pay stubs in order for the last seven months from your employer(s) including unemployment stubs, social security of pension statements.
4. Stop using Payday Loans, any personal lines of credit or any unnecessary credit card usages.
5. If you have a credit card from your bank or credit union and are in debt from it, close your checking account with good standings and open another one with a different bank.
6. Organize all your monthly expenses including utilities, mortgages or rent, and car payments.
7. Continue to pay for the items that you wish to keep such as your mortgage payments, car payments, cell phone, utilities.
8. Finish the credit counseling course.
Having everything in order by creating a folder will keep you better informed, speed the process up and get you to closer to your fresh financial start!